Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Easy Crockpot Sausage Lentil Soup (with a kick!)




I don't typically blog about recipes I cook.
Probably because I don't consistently "cook" so I feel a tad like a hypocrite if I start blogging about cooking yummy meals.
I guess I cook maybe four times a week, and the rest of the week I tell my clan to grab sandwiches or leftovers. Yep.
But this recipe is ahmayzingly yummy, so it's a typical meal around here, and I've just gotta let y'all in on it...


Not into lentil soup? Shut your mouth.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, because you clearly have only tried lentils raw or soaked in water. This is the only way I can understand why you don't like it.
Because lentil soup is the BEST. Especially with Rotel and sausage.


Ok so here we go.


Ingredients:
1lb Hillshire Farm Turkey Sausage (or whatever kind of sausage you prefer)
1lb dry lentils
1 can Rotel
3 fresh carrots, cut (or 1 can of carrots)
1 cup of frozen spinach
6 cups of water
1/2 Vidalia onion
2 tablespoons of garlic powder (I'm the garlic powder queen, so I put lots more than that in)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 teaspoon Cumin
1 teaspoon Chili Powder

How to:
Cut up the Vidalia onion and sausage. Sautee those on the stove together.
While you let those cook a little, dump all of the other ingredients into your crockpot.
After the onions and sausage have browned a little, dump those into the crockpot too.
Put the temperature on LOW for about 6 hours. Or HIGH for about 4 hours.



That's it! Enjoy!

And let me know if you try this, love this, or make adjustments to this!
Kolby and I fell in love with it when we were teaching English in Istanbul, Turkey for a few weeks.
So I love hearing different lentil recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment