How to put into words what God has taken me through this week, I simply don’t know how to do. So, even those I've used this piece before, I’ll start off with the Word that never fails…
“There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven… A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted; A time to weep and a time to laugh; a time to mourn and a time to dance…” from Ecclesiastes 3
Satan attacked me this week and there were times that I felt like I had lost a battle even though I know my God has already won the war. I was so depressed about leaving Greece. I focused on how hard it would be to say goodbye to my new friends and family I have here. Several nights were filled with tears and I wasn’t letting go of the pain. It still hurts and makes me squirm to think of leaving, but out of the whirlwind…
God spoke to me.
- He used His loving hands to hold me and remind me that, wherever I’m at in the world, I am His to be used for His glory.
- He used His beautiful flowers to show me how He wants to give me peace and how He is the only one who can give it.
- He used my wonderful husband to tell me that He has already blessed me more than I deserve.
- He used my friend Omid to shout to me that He still has a lot of work in this city for me to do.
- He used His Word to show me that His ways are much more mysterious than I could ever comprehend… and that this is a good thing.
- And finally He used brothers and sisters to tell me that He still wants to use me, but I have got to let Him.
As my Dad told me tonight, “You shouldn’t be thinking that far ahead.” And I know he is right because Jesus says, “So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:34
So for the next month and a half I’m going to laugh and dance. And when it’s time to weep and mourn, I will. Because life is life. I choose to daily hang on to the only One who is eternal.